Volume 1, 2015
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Published online||15 June 2015|
- Anon (2014) The World Bank. Data: country and lending groups. World Bank. Retrieved August 30, 2014 (http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups).
- Bliss T, Raffo V (2013) Improving global road safety: Towards equitable and sustainable development, guidelines for country road safety engagement. World Bank. Retrieved Feb 22, 2015 (https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/17627).
- Chisholm D, Naci H, Hyder AA (2012) Cost effectiveness of strategies to combat road traffic injuries in Sub-Saharan Africa and South East Asia: mathematical modelling study. BMJ 344, e612. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Demyttenaere SV et al. (2009) Injury in Kampala, Uganda: 6 Years Later. Can J Surg 52(5), E146–E150. [PubMed]
- DiRusso S et al. (2001) Preparation and achievement of American college of Surgeons level I trauma verification raises hospital performance and improves patient outcome. J Trauma 51, 294–300. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Esperato A, Bishai D, Hyder AA (2012) Projecting the health and economic impact of road safety initiatives: a case study of a multi-country project. Traffic Inj Prev 13(Suppl 1), 82–89. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Gore FM et al. (2011) Global burden of disease in young people aged 10–24 years: a systematic analysis. Lancet 377(9783), 2093–2102. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Saadat S, Bogg L, Yarmohammadian MH, Hasselberg M(2013) Factors affecting hospital length of stay and hospital charges associated with road traffic-related injuries in Iran. BMC Health Serv Res 13(1), 281. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hashmi ZG et al. (2013) Hospital-based trauma quality improvement initiatives: first step toward improving trauma outcomes in the developing world. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 75(1), 60–68. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Higgins J, Deeks J (2008) Chapter 7: selecting studies and collecting data, in Cochrane handbook of systematic reviews of interventions. Higgins JPT, Green S, Editors. Chicester (UK), John Wiley & Sons. [CrossRef]
- Hsia RY et al. (2010) Epidemiology of injuries presenting to the national hospital in Kampala, Uganda: implications for research and policy. Int J Emerg Med 3(3), 165–172. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hyder AA et al. (2012) Addressing the implementation gap in global road safety: exploring features of an effective response and introducing a 10-country program. Am J Public Health 102(6), 1061–1067. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Kobusingye OC, Guwatudde D, Owor G, Lett RR (2002) Citywide trauma experience in Kampala, Uganda: a call for intervention. Inj Prev 8(2), 133–136. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Kobusingye OC, Lett RR (2000) Hospital-based trauma registries in Uganda. J Trauma 48(3), 498–502. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Kotagal M et al. (2014) Health and economic benefits of improved injury prevention and trauma care worldwide. PLoS One 9(3), e91862. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Lagarde E (2007) Road traffic injury is an escalating burden in Africa and deserves proportionate research efforts. PLoS Med 4(6), e170. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Laing GL, Bruce JL, Aldous C, Clarke DL (2014) The design, construction and implementation of a computerised trauma registry in a developing South African metropolitan trauma service. Injury 45(1), 3–8. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Lozano R et al. (2012) Global and regional mortality from 235 causes of death for 20 age groups in 1990 and 2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet 380(9859), 2095–2128. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Mathers CD, Loncar D (2006) Projections of global mortality and burden of disease from 2002 to 2030. PLoS Med 3(11), e442. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Mehmood A, Razzak JA, Kabir S, Mackenzie EJ, Hyder AA (2013) Development and pilot implementation of a locally developed trauma registry: lessons learnt in a low-income country. BMC Emerg Med 13(1), 4. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Moher D, Liberati A, Tetzlaff J, Altman DG (2010) Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement. Int J Surg 8(5), 336–341. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Moini M, Rezaishiraz H, Zafarghandi MR (2000) characteristics and outcome of injured patients treated in urban trauma centers in Iran. J Trauma 48(3), 503–507. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Murray CJL et al. (2012) Disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) for 291 diseases and injuries in 21 regions, 1990–2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet 380(9859), 2197–2223. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Norton R, Kobusingye O (2013) Injuries. NEJM 368(18), 1723–1730. [CrossRef]
- Nottidge TE, Dim M, Udoinyang CI, Udoh IA (2014) The Uyo Trauma Registry-developed for sustainable audit of trauma care and cause in Nigeria. Trop Doct 44(1), 14–18. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Nwomeh BC, Lowell W, Kable R, Haley K, Ameh EA (2006) History and development of trauma registry: lessons from developed to developing countries. World J Emerg Surg 1, 32. [CrossRef]
- O’Reilly GM, Cameron PA, Joshipura M (2012) Global trauma registry mapping: a scoping review. Injury 43(7), 1148–1153. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- O’Reilly GM, Joshipura M, Cameron PA, Gruen R (2013) Trauma registries in developing countries: a review of the published experience. Injury 44(6), 713–721. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Ordóñez CA et al. (2012) Experience of two first level hospitals in the southwest region of Colombia on the implementation of the Panamerican Trauma Society International Trauma Registry. Rev Col Bras Cir 39(4), 255–262. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Patton GC et al. (2009) Global patterns of mortality in young people: a systematic analysis of population health data. Lancet 374(9693), 881–892. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Peden M, McGee K, Krug E (2002) Injury: a leading cause of the global burden of disease, 2000. Geneva, World Health Organization.
- Petroze RT et al. (2014) Infectious outcomes assessment for health system strengthening in low-resource settings: the novel use of a trauma registry in Rwanda. Surg Infect 15(4), 382–386. [CrossRef]
- Plummer J et al. (2010) Trauma: the burden of a preventable problem trauma. West Indian Med J 59(1), 26–28. [PubMed]
- Rabbani A, Moini M (2007) Application of “Trauma and Injury Severity Score” and “A Severity Characterization of Trauma” score to trauma patients in a setting different from “Major Trauma Outcome Study”. Arch Iran Med 10(3), 383–386. [PubMed]
- Racioppi F, Eriksson L, Tingvall C, Villaveces A (2004) Preventing road traffic injury: a public health perspective for Europe. WHO Retrieved July 15, 2014 (http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/87564/E82659.pdf).
- Raffo V, Bliss T, Shotten M, Sleet D, Blanchard C (2013) Case study: The Argentina Road Safety Project: lessons learned for the decade of action for road safety, 2011–2020. Glob Health Promot 20(4 Suppl), 20–36. [CrossRef]
- Roy N et al. (2010) Where there are no emergency medical services-prehospital care for the injured in Mumbai, India. Prehosp Disaster Med 25(2), 145–151. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Sabariah F, Ramesh N, Mahathar A (2008) National Trauma Database (NTrD) – improving trauma care: first year report. Med J Malaysia 63, 45–49. [PubMed]
- Samuel JC et al. (2010) Hospital-based injury data in Malawi: strategies for data collection and feasibility of trauma scoring tools. Trop Doct 40(2), 98–99. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Schuurman N et al. (2011) collecting injury surveillance data in low- and middle-income countries: the Cape Town Trauma Registry pilot. Glob Public Hlth 6(8), 874–889. [CrossRef]
- Seidenberg P et al. (2014) epidemiology of injuries, outcomes, and hospital resource utilisation at a tertiary teaching hospital in Lusaka, Zambia. Afr J Emerg Med 4(3), 115–122. [CrossRef]
- Squyer E et al. (2008) comparison of trauma mortality between two hospitals in Turkey to one trauma center in the US. Eur J Emerg Med 15(4), 209–213. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Wainiqolo I et al. (2012) A profile of injury in Fiji: findings from a population-based injury surveillance system (TRIP-10). BMC Publ Health 12(1), 1074. [CrossRef]
- Ward E et al. (2010) The Jamaica Injury Surveillance System: a profile of the intentional and unintentional injuries in Jamaican hospitals. West Indian Med J 59(876), 7–13. [PubMed]
- World Bank (2014) World Bank. Roads & HIghways: Road Safety. Retrieved August 30, 2014 (http://www.worldbank.org/transport/roads/safety.htm).
- World Health Organization (1996) Investing in Health Research and Development. Retrieved Aug 20, 2014 (http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/1996/TDR_GEN_96.2.pdf).
- World Health Organization (2004) World report on road traffic injury prevention. Geneva, World Health Organization. Retrieved July 15, 2014 (http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/publications/road_traffic/world_report/summary_en_rev.pdf).
- World Health Organization (2009) Global status report on road safety: time for action. Geneva, World Health Organization. Retrieved July 28, 2014 (www.who.int/violence_).
- World Health Organization (2010) Injuries and violence: the facts. Retrieved July 25, 2014 (http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2010/9789241599375_eng.pdf).
- Young S (2014) Orthopaedic trauma surgery in low-income countries. Follow-up, infections and HIV. Acta Orthop 85(S356), 1–32. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Zafar H, Rehmani R, Raja AJ, Ali A, Ahmed M (2002) Registry based trauma outcome: perspective of a developing country. Emerg Med J 19(5), 391–394. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.