Volume 3, 2017
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Published online||10 November 2017|
- Office of the Surgeon General (US) (2004) Bone health and osteoporosis: a report of the Surgeon General, Rockville, MD, Office of the Surgeon General (US). Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK45513
- Kanis JA (2007) WHO technical report. UK, University of Sheffield. p. 66.
- Cooper C, Campion G, Melton LJ 3rd (1992) Hip fractures in the elderly: A world-wide projection. Osteoporos Int, 2, 285–289. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [PubMed]
- National Clinical Guideline Centre (UK) (2012) Osteoporosis: fragility fracture risk: costing report – implementing NICE guidance (NICE Clinical Guidelines, No. 146). UK, Royal College of Physicians. Available from: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg146/resources/costing-report-pdf-186811885
- National Clinical Guideline Centre (UK) (2011) The management of hip fracture in adults (NICE Clinical Guidelines, No. 124). London, UK, Royal College of Physicians. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg124/evidence/full-guideline-pdf-183081997
- Lapworth J (2012) Fractured neck of femur facts – NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement [Internet]. UK, The National Archives. Available at: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20121114085746/http://www.institute.nhs.uk/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1907&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=4436
- Pisani P, Renna MD, Conversano F et al. (2013) Screening and early diagnosis of osteoporosis through X-ray and ultrasound based techniques. World J Radiol 5, 398–410. [CrossRef]
- Levine JP (2011) Identification, diagnosis and prevention of osteoporosis. Am J Manag Care 17(Suppl 6), S170–S176.
- Baim S, Leslie WD (2012) Assessment of fracture risk. Curr Osteoporos Rep 10, 28–41. [CrossRef]
- Link TM (2012) Osteoporosis imaging: state of the art and advanced imaging. Radiology 2012(263), 3–17. [CrossRef]
- Schnitzer TJ, Wysocki N, Barkema D et al. (2012) Calcaneal quantitative ultrasound compared with hip and femoral neck dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry in people with a spinal cord injury. PM R 4, 748–755. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Ghafoori S, Keshtkar A, Khashayar P et al. (2014) The risk of osteoporotic fractures and its associating risk factors according to the FRAX model in the Iranian patients: a follow-up cohort. J Diabetes Metab Disord 13, 93. [CrossRef]
- Raum K, Grimal Q, Varga P et al. (2014) Ultrasound to assess bone quality. Curr Osteoporos Rep 12, 154–162. [CrossRef]
- Dorr LD, Gaugere MC, Mackel AM, Gruen TA, Bognar B, Malluche HH (1993) Structural and cellular assessment of bone quality of proximal femur. Bone 14, 231–242. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Sah A, Thornhill T, LeBoff M, Glowacki J (2007) Correlation of plain radiographic indices of the hip with quantitative bone mineral density. Osteoporos Int 18(8), 1119–1126. [CrossRef]
- Rosner B (2011) Fundamentals of biostatistics. Boston, MA, Cengage Learning.
- Fleiss J (2014) Statistical methods for rates and proportions. Hoboken, NJ, John Wiley & Sons.
- Pulkkinen P, Partanen J, Jalovaara P, Jamsa T (2004) Combination of bone mineral density and upper femur geometry improves the prediction of hip fracture. Osteoporosis Int 15, 274–280. [CrossRef]
- Beck TJ, Ruff CB, Scott WW Jr., Plato CC, Tobin JD, Quan CA (1992) Sex differences in geometry of the femoral neck with aging: a structural analysis of bone mineral data. Calcif Tissue Int 50, 24–29. [CrossRef]
- Singh M, Nagrath AR, Maini PS, Haryana R (1970) Changes in trabecular pattern of the upper end of the femur as an index of osteoporosis. J Bone Joint Surg 52A, 457–467. [CrossRef]
- Cooper C, Barker DJ, Hall AJ (1986) Evaluation of the Singh index and femoral calcar width as epidemiological methods for measuring bone mass in the femoral neck. Clin Radiol 37, 123–125. [CrossRef]
- British Orthopaedic Association and British Geriatrics Society (2007) The care of patients with fragility fracture. London, British Orthopaedic Association.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.