Volume 7, 2021
|Number of page(s)||4|
|Published online||17 February 2021|
- Guan WJ, Ni ZY, Hu Y, Liang WH, Ou CQ, He JX, et al. (2020) Clinical characteristics of coronavirus disease 2019 in China. N Engl J Med 382(18), 1708–1720. [Google Scholar]
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (2020)Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the EU/EEA and the UK – eighth update, [Internet]. 2020 [cited 4th May 2020]. Available from: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/rapid-risk-assessment-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-pandemic-eighth-update. [Google Scholar]
- Darowski A (2007) The care of patients with fragility fracture (“Blue Book”). London: British Orthopaedic Association. [Google Scholar]
- Mi B, Chen L, Xiong Y, Xue H, Zhou W, Liu G (2020) Characteristics and early prognosis of COVID-19 infection in fracture patients. J Bone Joint Surg. American Volume 102, 750–758. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Johnston N (2020 March 21) West Midlands emerges as coronavirus hotspot. The Times. [Google Scholar]
- Salar O, Baker PN, Forward DP, et al. (2017) Predictors of direct home discharge following fractured neck of femur. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 99(6), 444–451. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Royal College of Physicians (2019) UK National Hip Fracture Database Annual Report 2019. [Internet]. 2019 [cited 2020 May 4]. Available from: https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/projects/outputs/national-hip-fracture-database-nhfd-annual-report-2019 [Google Scholar]
- Du RH, Liang LR, Yang CQ, et al. (2020) Predictors of mortality for patients with COVID-19 pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2: a prospective cohort study. Eur Respir J 55, 2000524. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Lei S, Jiang F, Su W, et al. (2020) Clinical characteristics and outcomes of patients undergoing surgeries during the incubation period of COVID-19 infection. EClinicalMedicine 5, 100331. [Google Scholar]
- Catellani F, Coscione A, D’Ambrosi R, Usai L, Roscitano C, Fiorentino G (2020) Treatment of proximal femoral fragility fractures in patients with COVID-19 during the SARS-CoV-2 outbreak in Northern Italy. JBJS 102, 1–6. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Mehta P, McAuley DF, Brown M, Sanchez E, Tattersall RS, Manson JJ (2020) COVID-19: consider cytokine storm syndromes and immunosuppression. The Lancet 395, 1033–1034. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Chen N, Zhou M, Dong X, , et al. 2020. Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: A descriptive study. Lancet 395, 507–513. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Wang D, Hu B, Hu C, et al. (2020) Clinical characteristics of 138 hospitalized patients with 2019 novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia in Wuhan, China. JAMA 323(11), 1061–1069. [Google Scholar]
- Aw D, Silva AB, Palmer DB (2007) Immunosenescence: emerging challenges for an ageing population. Immunology 120, 435–446. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Vester H, Huber-Lang MS, Kida Q, Scola A, Van Griensven M, Gebhard F, et al. (2014) The immune response after fracture trauma is different in old compared to young patients. Immun Ageing 11, 20. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Sutherland AG, Cook A, Miller C, et al. (2015) Older patients are immunocompromised by cytokine depletion and loss of innate immune function after HIP fracture surgery. Geriatr Orthop Surg Rehabil 6, 295–302. [Google Scholar]
- Alipio M (2020) Vitamin D supplementation could possibly improve clinical outcomes of patients infected with Coronavirus-2019 (COVID-2019). Available at SSRN 3571484. 2020 Apr 8. [Google Scholar]
- Brown R (2020) COVID-19 “ICU” risk – 20-fold greater in the Vitamin D Deficient. BAME, African Americans, the Older, Institutionalised and Obese, are at greatest risk. Sun and “D”-supplementation – Game-changers? Research urgently required. BMJ 369, m1548. [Internet] 2020 [cited 2020 May 4]. Available from: https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1548/rr-6. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.