Volume 3, 2017
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Published online||11 January 2017|
- National Joint Registry for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (2014) 11th Annual Report, www.njrreports.org.uk.
- Pavoni GL, Giannella M, Falcone M, Scorzolini L, Liberatore M, Carlesimo B, Venditti M, Serra P (2004) Conservative medical therapy of prosthetic joint infections: retrospective analysis of an 8-year experience. Clin Microbiol Infect, 10(9), 831–837. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Merollini KM, Crawford RW, Graves N (2013) Surgical treatment approaches and reimbursement costs of surgical site infections post hip arthroplasty in Australia: a retrospective analysis. BMC Health Serv Res, 11(13), 91. [CrossRef]
- Segawa H, Tsukayama DT, Kyle RF, Becker DA, Gustillo RB (1999) Infection after total knee arthoplasty. A retrospective study of the treatment of eighty-one infections. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 81(10), 1434–1445. [CrossRef]
- Marculescu CE, Berbari EF, Hanssen AD, Steckelberg JM, Harmsen SW, Mandrekar JN, Osmon DR (2006) Outcome of prosthetic joint infections treated with debridement and retention of components. Clin Infect Dis, 42(4), 471–478. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Silva M, Tharani R, Schmalzried TP (2002) Results of direct exchange or debridement of the infected total knee arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 404, 125–131. [CrossRef]
- Trebse R, Pisot V, Trampuz A (2005) Treatment of infected retained implants. J Bone Joint Surg Br, 87(2), 249–256. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Kuiper JW, Vos SJ, Saouti R, Vergroesen DA, Graat HC, Debets-Ossenkopp YJ, Peters EJ, Nolte PA. 2013. Prosthetic joint-associated infections treated with DAIR (debridement, antibiotics, irrigation, and retention). Acta Orthop, 84(4), 380–386. [CrossRef]
- Valle CD, Parvizi J, Bauer TW, DiCesare PE, Evans RP, Segreti J, Spangehl M, Watters WC III, Keith M, Turkelson CM, Wies JL, Sluka P, Hitchcock K (2010) Diagnosis of periprosthetic joint infections of the hip and knee. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 18(12), 760–770. [CrossRef]
- Cui Q, Mihalko WM, Shields JS, Ries M, Saleh KJ (2007) Antibiotic-impregnated cement spacers for the treatment of infection associated with total hip or knee arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 89(4), 871–882.
- Chiu FY, Chen CM (2007) Surgical débridement and parenteral antibiotics in infected revision total knee arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 461, 130–135. [PubMed]
- Gardner J, Gioe TJ, Tatman P (2011) Can this prosthesis be saved?: implant salvage attempts in infected primary total knee arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 469(4), 970–976. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Geurts JA, Janssen DM, Kessels AG, Walenkamp GH. 2013. Good results in postoperative and hematogenous deep infections of 89 stable total hip and knee replacements with retention of prosthesis and local antibiotics. Acta Orthop, 84(6), 509–516. [CrossRef]
- Hanssen AD (2002) Managing the infected knee: as good as it gets. J Arthroplasty, 17(4 Suppl 1), 98–101. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Kuiper JW, Willink RT, Moojen DJ, van den Bekerom MP, Colen S (2014) Treatment of acute periprosthetic infections with prosthesis retention: review of current concepts. World J Orthop, 5(5), 667–676. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Laffer RR, Graber P, Ochsner PE, Zimmerli W (2006) Outcome of prosthetic knee-associated infection: evaluation of 40 consecutive episodes at a single centre. Clin Microbiol Infect, 12(5), 433–439. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Rasul AT Jr, Tsukayama D, Gustilo RB (1991) Effect of time of onset and depth of infection on the outcome of total knee arthroplasty infections. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 273, 98–104.
- Rodríguez D, Pigrau C, Euba G, Cobo J, García-Lechuz J, Palomino J, Riera M, Del Toro MD, Granados A, Ariza X, Ariza X, REIPI Group (Spanish Network for Research in Infectious Disease (2010) Acute haematogenous prosthetic joint infection: prospective evaluation of medical and surgical management. Clin Microbiol Infect, 16(12), 1789–1795. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Theis JC, Gambhir S, White J (2007) Factors affecting implant retention in infected joint replacements. ANZ J Surg, 77(10), 877–879. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Tintle SM, Forsberg JA, Potter BK, Islinger RB, Andersen RC (2009) Prosthesis retention, serial debridement, and antibiotic bead use for the treatment of infection following total joint arthroplasty. Orthopedics, 32(2), 87. [PubMed]
- Vilchez F, Martínez-Pastor JC, García-Ramiro S, Bori G, Tornero E, García E, Mensa J, Soriano A (2011) Efficacy of debridement in hematogenous and early post-surgical prosthetic joint infections. Int J Artif Organs, 34(9), 863–869. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Azzam KA, Seeley M, Ghanem E, Austin MS, Purtill JJ, Parvizi J (2010) Irrigation and debridement in the management of prosthetic joint infection: traditional indications revisited. J Arthroplasty, 25(7), 1022–1027. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Deirmengian C, Greenbaum J, Stern J, Braffman M, Lotke PA, Booth RE Jr, Lonner JH (2003) Open debridement of acute gram-positive infections after total knee arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 416, 129–134. [CrossRef]
- Tornero E, García-Oltra E, García-Ramiro S, Martínez-Pastor JC, Bosch J, Climent C, Morata L, Camacho P, Mensa J, Soriano A (2012) Prosthetic joint infections due to Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci. Int J Artif Organs, 35(10), 884–892. [PubMed]
- Cobo J, Miguel LG, Euba G, Rodríguez D, García-Lechuz JM, Riera M, Falgueras L, Palomino J, Benito N, del Toro MD, Pigrau C, Ariza J (2011) Early prosthetic joint infection: outcomes with debridement and implant retention followed by antibiotic therapy. Clin Microbiol Infect, 17(11), 1632–1637. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bradbury T, Fehring TK, Taunton M, Hanssen A, Azzam K, Parvizi J, Odum SM (2009) The fate of acute methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus periprosthetic knee infections treated by open debridement and retention of components. J Arthroplasty, 24(6 Suppl), 101–104. [CrossRef]
- Ferry T, Uçkay I, Vaudaux P, François P, Schrenzel J, Harbarth S, Laurent F, Bernard L, Vandenesch F, Etienne J, Hoffmeyer P, Lew D (2010) Risk factors for treatment failure in orthopedic device-related methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis, 29(2), 171–180. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Lora-Tamayo J, Murillo O, Iribarren JA, Soriano A, Sánchez-Somolinos M, et al. (2013) A large multicenter study of methicillin-susceptible and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus prosthetic joint infections managed with implant retention. Clin Infect Dis, 56(2), 182–194. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Triantafyllopoulos GK, Poultsides LA, Zhang W, Sculco PK, Ma Y, Sculco TP (2014) Periprosthetic knee infections treated with irrigation and debridement: outcomes and preoperative predictive factors, J Arthroplasty, 30(4), 649–657. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hsieh PH, Lee MS, Hsu KY, Chang YH, Shih HN, Ueng SW (2009) Gram-negative prosthetic joint infections: risk factors and outcome of treatment. Clin Infect Dis, 49(7), 1036–1043. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Martínez-Pastor JC, Muñoz-Mahamud E, Vilchez F, García-Ramiro S, Bori G, Sierra J, Martínez JA, Font L, Mensa J, Soriano A (2009) Outcome of acute prosthetic joint infections due to gram-negative bacilli treated with open debridement and retention of the prosthesis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 53(11), 4772–4777. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Zürcher-Pfund L, Uçkay I, Legout L, Gamulin A, Vaudaux P, Peter R (2013) Pathogen-driven decision for implant retention in the management of infected total knee prostheses.Int Orthop, 37(8), 1471–1475. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Koyonos L, Zmistowski B, Della Valle CJ, Parvizi J (2011) Infection control rate of irrigation and debridement for periprosthetic joint infection. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 469(11), 3043–3048. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Choi HR, von Knoch F, Zurakowski D, Nelson SB, Malchau H (2011) Can implant retention be recommended for treatment of infected total knee arthroplasty? Clin Orthop Relat Res, 469(4), 961–969. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Schwechter EM, Folk D, Varshney AK, et al. (2011) Optimal irrigation and debridement of infected joint implants: an in vitro methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus biofilm model. J Arthroplasty, 26(Suppl), 109–113. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Royo A, Bertrand ML, Ramos L, Fernandez-Gordillo F, Guerado E (2013) Is there still a place for continuous closed irrigation in the management of periprosthetic total knee infection? Open Orthop J, 14(7), 205–210. [CrossRef]
- Martel-Laferrière V, Laflamme P, Ghannoum M, Fernandes J, Di Iorio D, Lavergne V (2013) Treatment of prosthetic joint infections: validation of a surgical algorithm and proposal of a simplified alternative. J Arthroplasty, 28(3), 395–400. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Buller LT, Sabry FY, Easton RW, Klika AK, Barsoum WK (2012) The preoperative prediction of success following irrigation and debridement with polyethylene exchange for hip and knee prosthetic joint infections. J Arthroplasty, 27(6), 857–64. e1–4. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Vilchez F, Martínez-Pastor JC, García-Ramiro S, Bori G, Maculé F, Sierra J, Font L, Mensa J, Soriano A (2011) Outcome and predictors of treatment failure in early post-surgical prosthetic joint infections due to Staphylococcus aureus treated with debridement. Clin Microbiol Infect, 17(3), 439–444. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Dixon P, Parish EN, Cross MJ (2004) Arthroscopic debridement in the treatment of the infected total knee replacement. J Bone Joint Surg Br, 86(1), 39–42. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Ilahi OA, Al-Habbal GA, Bocell JR, Tullos HS, Huo MH (2005) Arthroscopic debridement of acute periprosthetic septic arthritis of the knee. Arthroscopy, 21(3), 303–306. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Waldman BJ, Hostin E, Mont MA, Hungerford DS (2000) Infected total knee arthroplasty treated by arthroscopic irrigation and debridement. J Arthroplasty, 15(4), 430–436. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Liu CW, Kuo CL, Chuang SY, Chang JH, Wu CC, Tsai TY, Lin LC (2013) Results of infected total knee arthroplasty treated with arthroscopic debridement and continuous antibiotic irrigation system Indian. J Orthop, 47(1), 93–97.
- Mont MA, Waldman B, Banerjee C, Pacheco IH, Hungerford DS (1997) Multiple irrigation, debridement, and retention of components in infected total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty, 12(4), 426–433. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Chung JY, Ha CW, Park YB, Song YJ, Yu KS (2014) Arthroscopic debridement for acutely infected prosthetic knee: any role for infection control and prosthesis salvage? Arthroscopy, 30(5), 599–606. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Osmon DR, Berbari EF, Berendt AR, Lew D, Zimmerli W, Steckelberg JM, Rao N, Hanssen A, Wilson WR (2013) Diagnosis and management of prosthetic joint infection; clinical practice guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis, 56(1), e1–e25. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hoad-Reddick DA, Evans CR, Norman P, Stockley I (2005) Is there a role for extended antibiotic therapy in a two-stage revision of the infected knee arthroplasty? J Bone Joint Surg Br, 87(2), 171–174. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Byren I, Bejon P, Atkins BL, Angus B, Masters S, McLardy-Smith P, Gundle R, Berendt A (2009) One hundred and twelve infected arthroplasties treated with ‘DAIR’ (debridement, antibiotics and implant retention): antibiotic duration and outcome. J Antimicrob Chemother, 63(6), 1264–1271. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Puhto AP, Puhto T, Syrjala H (2012) Short-course antibiotics for prosthetic joint infections treated with prosthesis retention. Clin Microbiol Infect, 18(11), 1143–1148. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bernard L, Legout L, Zürcher-Pfund L, Stern R, Rohner P, Peter R, Assal M, Lew D, Hoffmeyer P, Uçkay I (2010) Six weeks of antibiotic treatment is sufficient following surgery for septic arthroplasty . J Infect, 61(2), 125–132. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Moran E, Masters S, Berendt AR, McLardy-Smith P, Byren I, Atkins BL (2007) Guiding empirical antibiotic therapy in orthopaedics: the microbiology of prosthetic joint infection managed by debridement, irrigation and prosthesis retention. J Infect, 55(1), 1–7. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Sherrell JC, Fehring TK, Odum S, Hansen E, Zmistowski B, Dennos A, Kalore N (2011) The Chitranjan Ranawat Award: fate of two-stage reimplantation after failed irrigation and debridement for periprosthetic knee infection. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 469(1), 18–25. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.