Volume 3, 2017
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Published online||10 February 2017|
- Flexner A (1910) Medical education in the United States and Canada. A report of the Carnegie foundation for that advancement of teaching. Boston, Merrymount Press.
- Williams SC, Gulihar A, Dias JJ, Harper WM (2010) A new musculoskeletal curriculum: has it made a difference? J Bone Joint Surg Br 92(1), 7–11. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Pinney SJ, Regan WD (2001) Educating medical students about musculoskeletal problems. Are community needs reflected in the curricula of Canadian medical schools? J Bone Joint Surg Am 83-A(9), 1317–1320. [CrossRef]
- Rosemont IL (2008) The burden of musculoskeletal diseases in the United States, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons: burden of musculoskeletal disease overview, pp. 1–19. Available at http://www.boneandjointburden.org. Accessed on (02/05/2016).
- Norris SH (1982) Undergraduate teaching of orthopaedic surgery. Med Educ 16(3), 166–169. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Williams JR (2000) The teaching of trauma and orthopaedic surgery to the undergraduate in the United Kingdom. J Bone Joint Surg Br 82(5), 627–628. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- O’Dowd JK, Spencer JD (1992) An audit of university education in trauma and orthopaedic surgery in Great Britain. J R Soc Med 85(4), 211–213. [PubMed]
- Freedman KB, Bernstein J (2002) Educational deficiencies in musculoskeletal medicine. J Bone Joint Surg Am 84-A(4), 604–608. [CrossRef]
- Day CS, Yeh AC, Franko O, Ramirez M, Krupat E (2007) Musculoskeletal medicine: an assessment of the attitudes and knowledge of medical students at Harvard Medical School. Acad Med 82(5), 452–457. [CrossRef]
- Woolf AD (2000) The bone and joint decade 2000–2010. Ann Rheum Dis 59(2), 81–82. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Scott IM, Matejcek AN, Gowans MC, Wright BJ, Brenneis FR (2008) Choosing a career in surgery: factors that influence Canadian medical students’ interest in pursuing a surgical career. Can J Surg 51(5), 371–377. [PubMed]
- Stilwell NA, Wallick MM, Thal SE, Burleson JA (2000) Myers-Briggs type and medical specialty choice: a new look at an old question. Teach Learn Med 12(1), 14–20. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bitran M, Zuniga D, Lafuente M, Viviani P, Mena B (2005) Influence of personality and learning styles in the choice of medical specialty. Rev Med Chil 133(10), 1191–1199. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Jamieson S (2004) Likert scales: how to (ab)use them. Med Educ 38(12), 1217–1218. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Skelley NW, Tanaka MJ, Skelley LM, LaPorte DM (2012) Medical student musculoskeletal education: an institutional survey. J Bone Joint Surg Am 94(19), 141–147. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Woolf AD, Walsh NE, Akesson K (2004) Global core recommendations for a musculoskeletal undergraduate curriculum. Ann Rheum Dis 63(5), 517–524. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Freedman KB, Bernstein J (1998) The adequacy of medical school education in musculoskeletal medicine. J Bone Joint Surg Am 80(10), 1421–1427. [CrossRef]
- The British Orthopaedic Association Education & Revalidation Committee (2014) Trauma & Orthopaedic Undergraduate Syllabus, available online on https://www.boa.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/TO-undergraduate-syllabus_website.pdf.
- Bernstein J, Alonso DR, DiCaprio M, Friedlaender GE, Heckman JD, Ludmerer KM (2003) Curricular reform in musculoskeletal medicine: needs, opportunities, and solutions. Clin Orthop Relat Res 415, 302–308. [CrossRef]
- Lynch JR, Gardner GC, Parsons RR (2005) Musculoskeletal workload versus musculoskeletal clinical confidence among primary care physicians in rural practice. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 34(10), 487–491. [PubMed]
- Mulhall KJ, Masterson E (2005) Relating undergraduate musculoskeletal medicine curricula to the needs of modern practice. Ir J Med Sci 174(2), 46–51. [CrossRef]
- Clawson DK, Jackson DW, Ostergaard DJ (2001) It’s past time to reform the musculoskeletal curriculum. Acad Med 76(7), 709–710. [CrossRef]
- Matzkin E, Smith EL, Freccero D, Richardson AB (2005) Adequacy of education in musculoskeletal medicine. J Bone Joint Surg Am 87(2), 310–314. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Queally JM, Kiely PD, Shelly MJ, O’Daly BJ, O’Byrne JM, Masterson EL (2008) Deficiencies in the education of musculoskeletal medicine in Ireland. Ir J Med Sci 177(2), 99–105. [CrossRef]
- Menon J, Patro DK (2009) Undergraduate orthopedic education: Is it adequate? Indian J Orthop 43(1), 82–86. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- DiGiovanni BF, Sundem LT, Southgate RD, Lambert DR (2016) Musculoskeletal medicine is underrepresented in the American medical school clinical curriculum. Clin Orthop Relat Res 474(4), 901–907. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Al-Nammari SS, Pengas I, Asopa V, Jawad A, Rafferty M, Ramachandran M (2015) The inadequacy of musculoskeletal knowledge in graduating medical students in the United Kingdom. J Bone Joint Surg Am 97(7), 36. [CrossRef]
- Al-Nammari SS, James BK, Ramachandran M (2009) The inadequacy of musculoskeletal knowledge after foundation training in the United Kingdom. J Bone Joint Surg Br 91(11), 1413–1418. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Ali A, Bulstrode C (2013) What do medical students need to know about trauma and orthopaedics? A cross-sectional survey of senior doctors. Bull Royal Coll Surg Engl 95(8), 1–7. [CrossRef]
- Weiss K, Curry E, Matzkin E (2015) Assessment of medical school musculoskeletal education. Am J Orthop 44(3), 64–67. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Back DA, von Malotky J, Sostmann K, Hube R, Peters H, Hoff E (2016) Superior gain in knowledge by podcasts versus text-based learning in teaching orthopedics: a randomized controlled trial. J Surg Educ 74(1), 154–160. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Dash I, Bickley J, Morgan J (2013) Training foundation year doctors in the operating theatre: a missed opportunity? Ann Royal Coll Surg Engl 95, 68–70. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.