- McCarthy JC, Lee J (2005) Hip arthroscopy. Indications and technical pearls. Clin Orthop Rel Res 441, 180–187. [CrossRef]
- Tibor LM, Sekiya JK (2008) Differential diagnosis of pain around the hip joint. Current concepts. Arthroscopy 24(12), 1407–1421. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Ganz R, Parvizi J, Beck M et al. (2003) Femoroacetabular impingement: a cause for osteoarthritis of the hip. Clin Orthop Rel Res 417, 112–120.
- Beck M, Kalhor M, Leunig M et al. (2005) Hip morphology influences the pattern of damage to the acetabular cartilage: femoroacetabular impingement as a cause of early osteoarthritis of the hip. J Bone Joint Surg Br 87-B, 1012–1018. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- McCarty JC, Noble PC, Schuck MR et al. (2001) The role of labral lesions to development of early degenerative hip disease. Clin Orthop Rel Res 393, 25–37. [CrossRef]
- Johnston TL, Schenker ML, Briggs KK et al. (2008) Relationship between offset angle alpha and hip chondral injury in femoroacetabular impingement. Arthroscopy 24(6), 669–675. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- McCarty JC, Lee JA (2004) Arthroscopic intervention in early hip disease. Clin Orthop Rel Res 429, 157–162. [CrossRef]
- Martin RL, Enseki KR, Draovitch P et al. (2006) Acetabular labral tears of the hip: examination and diagnostic challenges. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 36(7), 503–515. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Clohisy JC, Beaulè PE, O’Malley A et al. (2008) Hip disease in the young adult: current concepts of etiology and surgical treatment. J Bone joint Surg 90, 2267–2281. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Beaulé PE, O’Neill M, Rakhra K (2009) Acetabular labral tears. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 91-A(3), 701–710. [CrossRef]
- De Angelis N, Busconi B (2003) Assessment and differential diagnosis of the painful hip. Clin Orthop Rel Res 406, 11–18. [CrossRef]
- Tönnis D (1987) Congenital dysplasia and dislocation of the hip in children and adults. Berlin, Springer Verlag. p. 167.
- Martin RL, Irrgang JJ, Sekiya JK (2008) The diagnostic accuracy of a clinical examination in determining intra-articular hip pain for potential hip arthroscopy candidates. Arthroscopy 24(9), 1013–1018. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Rodrigo JJ, Steadman JR, Silliman JF et al. (1994) Improvement of full thickness chondral defect healing in the human knee after debridement and microfracture using continuous passive motion. Am J Knee Surg 7, 109–116.
- Stuart MJ, Lubowitz HJ (2006) What, if any, are the indications for arthroscopic debridement of osteoarthritic knee? Arthroscopy 22(3), 238–239. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Steadman JR, Briggs KK, Rodrigo JJ et al. (2003) Outcomes of microfracture for traumatic chondral defects of the knee: average 11-year follow-up. Arthroscopy 19, 477–484. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Steadman JR, Rodkey WG, Briggs KK (2009) The microfracture technique, in Biologic Joint Reconstruction, Alternative to Arthroplasty. Cole BJ, Gomoll AH, Editors. Slack Inc., Chap. 9. pp. 87–92.
- Steinwachs MR, Guggi T, Kreuz PC (2008) Marrow stimulation techniques. Injury 39(S1), S26–S31. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Byrd JWT, Jones KS (2000) Inverted acetabular labrum and secondary osteoarthritis: radiographic diagnosis and arthroscopic treatment. Arthroscopy Association of North America Research award winners. Arthroscopy 16, 417.
- Gigante A, Bevilacqua C, Ricevuto A et al. (2007) Membrane seeded autologous chondrocytes: cell viability and characterization at surgery. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15, 88–92. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Steinwachs M, Kreuz PC (2007) Autologous chondrocyte implantation in chondral defects of the knee with a type I/III collagen membrane: a prospective study with a 3-year follow-up. Arthroscopy 23, 381–387. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Gobbi A, Bathan L (2009) Minimally invasive second generation autologous chondrocyte implantation, in Biologic Joint Reconstruction, Alternative to Arthroplasty. Cole BJ, Gomoll AH, Editors. Slack Inc, Chap. 16. pp. 155–161.
- Gomoll AH, Farr K (2009) Future developments in cartilage repair, in Biologic Joint Reconstruction: Alternative to Arthroplasty. Cole BJ, Gomoll AH, Editors. Chap. 17. pp. 163–168.
- Eslaminejad MB, Poor EM (2014) Mesenchymal stem cells as a potent source for articular cartilage regeneration. World J Stem Cells 6(3), 344–354. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Fukumoto T, Sperling JW, Sanyal A, Fitzisimmons JS, Reinholz GG, Conover CA, O’Driscoll SW (2003) Combined effects of insulin-like growth factor-1 and transforming growth factor beta1 on periosteal mesenchymal cells during chondrogenesis in vitro. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 11, 55–64. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Tuli R, Tuli S, Nandi S, Wang ML, Alexander PG, Haleem- Smith H, Hozack WJ, Manner PA, Danielson KG, Tuan RS (2003) Characterization of multipotential mesenchymal progenitor cells dericed from human trabecular bone. Stem Cells 21, 681–693. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Jankowsky RJ, Deasy BM, Huard J (2002) Muscle-derived stem cells. Gene Ther 9, 642–647. [CrossRef]
- Bakopoulou A, Leyhausen G, Wolk J, Tsiftsoglou A, Garefis P, Koidis P, Geurtsen W (2011) Comparative analysis of in vitro osteo/odontogenetic differentiation potential of human dental pulp stem cells (DPSCs) and stem cells from the apical papilla (SCAP). Arch Oral Biol 56, 709–721. [CrossRef]
- Fraser JK, Wulur I, Alfonso Z, Hedrick MH (2006) Fat tissue: an underappreciated source of stem cells for biotechnology. Trend Biotechnol 24, 150–154. [CrossRef]
- Fontana A, Bistolfi A, Crova M et al. (2012) Arthroscopic treatment of hip chondral defects: autologous chondrocyte transplantation versus simple debridement – a pilot study. Artroscopy 28, 322–329. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Akimau P, Bhosale A, Harrison P et al. (2006) Autologous chondrocyte implantation with bone grafting for osteochondral defect due to post-traumatic osteonecrosis of the hip – a case report. Acta Orthop 77, 333–336. [CrossRef]
- Enseki KR, Martin RL, Draovitch P et al. (2006) The hip joint: arthroscopic procedures and postoperative rehabilitation. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 36(7), 516–525. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Stalzer S, Wahoff M, Scanlan M et al. (2005) Rehabilitation after hip arthroscopy. Oper Tech Orthop 15, 280–289. [CrossRef]
- Crawford K, Philippon MJ, Sekiya JK et al. (2006) Microfractures of the hip in athletes. Clin Sports Med 25(2), 327–335. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Byrd JWT, Jones KS (2002) Osteoarthritis caused by an inverted acetabular labrum: radiographic diagnosis and arthroscopic treatment. Arthroscopy 18, 741–747. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Byrd JWT, Jones KS (2004) Microfracture for grade IV chondral lesions of the hip. Arthroscopy 20, 385–391. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Philippon MJ, Schenker ML, Briggs KK et al. (2008) Can microfracture produce repair tissue in acetabular chondral defects? Arthroscopy 24, 46–50. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Byrd JW, Jones KS (2010) Prospective analysis of hip arthroscopy with 10-year followup. Clin Orthop Relat Res 468(3), 741–746. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Streich NA, Gotterbarm T, Barié A et al. (2009) Prognostic value of chondral defects on the outcome after arthroscopic treatment of acetabular labral tears. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 17, 1257–1263. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Fontana A, de Girolamo L (2015) Sustained five-year benefit of autologous matrix-induced chondrogenesis for femoral acetabular impingement-induced chondral lesions compared with microfracture treatment. Bone Joint J, 97-B(5), 628–635. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Zantop T, Petersen W (2009) Arthroscopic implantation of a matrix to cover large chondral defect during microfracture. Case report with video illustration. Arthroscopy 25(11), 1354–1360. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Khanduja V, Villar RN (2007) The arthroscopic management of femoroacetabular impingement. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15, 1035–1040. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Nepple JJ, Zebala LP, Clohisy JC (2009) Labral disease associated with femoroacetabular impingement. Do we need to correct the structural deformity? J Arthroplasty 24(6 S-1), 114. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Heyworth BE, Shindle MK, Voos JE et al. (2007) Radiologic and intraoperative findings in revision hip arthroscopy. J Arthroscopy 23(12), 1295–1302. [CrossRef]
Volume 3, 2017
Special Issue: "Arthroscopic Treatment of Chondral Lesions of the Hip" Guest Editor: M. Tey Pons
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Published online||07 June 2017|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.