- Helmick CG, Felson DT, Lawrence RC, Gabriel S, Hirsch R, Kwoh CK et al. (2008) Estimates of the prevalence of arthritis and other rheumatic conditions in the United State. Part I. Arthritis Rheum 58(1), 15–25. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Charnley J (1972) The long-term results of low-friction arthroplasty of the hip performed as a primary intervention. J Bone Joint Surg Br 54(1), 61–76. [PubMed]
- Ethgen O, Bruyere O, Richy F, Dardennes C, Reginster J-Y (2004) Health-related quality of life in total hip and total knee arthroplasty. A qualitative and systematic review of the literature. J Bone Joint Surg Am 86–A(5), 963–974. [CrossRef]
- Kurtz S, Ong K, Lau E, Mowat F, Halpern M (2007) Projections of primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty in the United States from 2005 to 2030. J Bone Joint Surg Am 89(4), 780–785.
- Briggs TW (2012) Getting it right first time. Improving the quality of orthopaedic care within the National health service in England, https://www.boa.ac.uk/pro-practice/review-of-orthopaedics-in-england/.
- Malchau H, Herberts P, Eisler T, Garellick G, Soderman P (2002) The Swedish total hip replacement register. J Bone Joint Surg Am 84–A(Suppl), 2–20. [CrossRef]
- Sharkey PF, Hozack WJ, Rothman RH, Shastri S, Jacoby SM (2002) Insall award paper. Why are total knee arthroplasties failing today? Clin Orthop Relat Res 404, 7–13. [CrossRef]
- Delaunay C, Hamadouche M, Girard J, Duhamel A (2013) What are the causes for failures of primary hip arthroplasties in France? Clin Orthop Relat Res 471(12), 3863–3869. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Nolte LP, Zamorano LJ, Jiang Z, Wang Q, Langlotz F, Berlemann U (1995) Image-guided insertion of transpedicular screws. A laboratory set-up. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20(4), 497–500. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Saragaglia D, Picard F, Chaussard C, Montbarbon E, Leitner F, Cinquin P (2001) Computer-assisted knee arthroplasty: comparison with a conventional procedure. Results of 50 cases in a prospective randomized study. Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 87(1), 18–28. [PubMed]
- Choi WC, Lee S, An JH, Kim D, Seong SC, Lee MC (2011) Plain radiograph fails to reflect the alignment and advantages of navigation in total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty 26(5), 756–764. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Rauh MA, Boyle J, Mihalko WM, Phillips MJ, Bayers-Thering M, Krackow KA (2007) Reliability of measuring long-standing lower extremity radiographs. Orthopedics 30(4), 299–303. [PubMed]
- Thienpont E, Schwab PE, Fennema P (2014) A systematic review and meta-analysis of patient-specific instrumentation for improving alignment of the components in total knee replacement. Bone Joint J 96-B(8), 1052–1061. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Deep K (2014) Collateral ligament laxity in knees. What is normal? Clin Orthop Relat Res 472(11), 3426–3431. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Picard F, Deep K, Jenny JY (2016) Current state of the art in total knee arthroplasty computer navigation. Knee Surgery, Sport Traumatol Arthrosc 24(11), 3565–3574. [CrossRef]
- Clarke JV, Riches PE, Picard F, Deakin AH (2012) Non-invasive computer-assisted measurement of knee alignment. Comput Aided Surg 17(1), 29–39. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Russell DF, Deakin AH, Fogg QA, Picard F (2014) Repeatability and accuracy of a non-invasive method of measuring internal and external rotation of the tibia. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 22(8), 1771–1777. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Deep K, Picard F, Baines J (2016) Dynamic knee behaviour: does the knee deformity change as it is flexed – an assessment and classification with computer navigation. Knee Surgery, Sport Traumatol Arthrosc 24(11), 3575–3583. [CrossRef]
- Kumar PJ, Dorr LD (1997) Severe malalignment and soft-tissue imbalance in total knee arthroplasty. Am J Knee Surg 10(1), 36–41.
- Goudie S, Deep K (2014) Collateral soft tissue release in primary total knee replacement. Comput Aided Surg 19(1–3), 29–33. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hetaimish BM, Khan MM, Simunovic N, Al-Harbi HH, Bhandari M, Zalzal PK (2012) Meta-analysis of navigation vs conventional total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty 27(6), 1177–1182. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Lee D-H, Park J-H, Song D-I, Padhy D, Jeong W-K, Han S-B (2010) Accuracy of soft tissue balancing in TKA: comparison between navigation-assisted gap balancing and conventional measured resection. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18(3), 381–387. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Kalairajah Y, Cossey AJ, Verrall GM, Ludbrook G, Spriggins AJ (2006) Are systemic emboli reduced in computer-assisted knee surgery?: a prospective, randomised, clinical trial J Bone Joint Surg Br 88(2), 198–202. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- McConnell J, Dillon J, Kinninmonth A, Sarungi M, Picard F (2012) Blood loss following total knee replacement is reduced when using computer-assisted versus standard methods. Acta Orthop Belg 78(1), 75–79. [PubMed]
- Millar NL, Deakin AH, Millar LL, Kinnimonth AWG, Picard F (2011) Blood loss following total knee replacement in the morbidly obese: effects of computer navigation. Knee 18(2), 108–112. [CrossRef]
- NJRRA (2016) Australian National Joint Registry Annual Report 2016, https://aoanjrr.sahmri.com/annual-reports-2016.
- Kim Y-H, Park J-W, Kim J-S (2012) Computer-navigated versus conventional total knee arthroplasty a prospective randomized trial. J Bone Joint Surg Am 94(22), 2017–2024. [CrossRef]
- Allen CL, Hooper GJ, Oram BJ, Wells JE (2014) Does computer-assisted total knee arthroplasty improve the overall component position and patient function? Int Orthop 38(2), 251–257. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Khakha RS, Chowdhry M, Sivaprakasam M, Kheiran A, Chauhan SK (2015) Radiological and functional outcomes in computer assisted total knee arthroplasty between consultants and trainees – a prospective randomized controlled trial. J Arthroplasty 30(8), 1344–1347. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Alcelik IA, Blomfield MI, Diana G, Gibbon AJ, Carrington N, Burr S (2016) A comparison of short-term outcomes of minimally invasive computer-assisted vs minimally invasive conventional instrumentation for primary total knee arthroplasty: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Arthroplasty 31(2), 410–418. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Lewinnek GE, Lewis JL, Tarr R, Compere CL, Zimmerman JR (1978) Dislocations after total hip-replacement arthroplasties. J Bone Joint Surg Am 60(2), 217–220. [CrossRef]
- Kummer FJ, Shah S, Iyer S, DiCesare PE (1999) The effect of acetabular cup orientations on limiting hip rotation. J Arthroplasty 14(4), 509–513. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Kennedy JG, Rogers WB, Soffe KE, Sullivan RJ, Griffen DG, Sheehan LJ (1998) Effect of acetabular component orientation on recurrent dislocation, pelvic osteolysis, polyethylene wear, and component migration. J Arthroplasty 13(5), 530–534. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- McCollum DE, Gray WJ (1990) Dislocation after total hip arthroplasty. Causes and prevention. Clin Orthop Relat Res 261, 159–170.
- Rittmeister M, Callitsis C (2006) Factors influencing cup orientation in 500 consecutive total hip replacements. Clin Orthop Relat Res 445, 192–196. [PubMed]
- Goudie ST, Deakin AH, Deep K (2015) Natural acetabular orientation in arthritic hips. Bone Joint Res 4(1), 6–10. [CrossRef]
- Liu Z, Gao Y, Cai L (2015) Imageless navigation versus traditional method in total hip arthroplasty: a meta-analysis. Int J Surg 21, 122–127. [CrossRef]
- Verdier N, Billaud A, Masquefa T, Pallaro J, Fabre T, Tournier C (2016) EOS-based cup navigation: randomised controlled trial in 78 total hip arthroplasties. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 102(4), 417–421. [CrossRef]
- Xu K, Li YM, Zhang HF, Wang CG, Xu YQ, Li ZJ (2014) Computer navigation in total hip arthroplasty: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Int J Surg 12(5), 528–533.
- Renkawitz T, Weber T, Dullien S, Woerner M, Dendorfer S, Grifka J et al. (2016) Leg length and offset differences above 5 mm after total hip arthroplasty are associated with altered gait kinematics. Gait Posture 49, 196–201. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Maloney WJ, Keeney JA (2004) Leg length discrepancy after total hip arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty 19(4 Suppl 1), 108–110. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Ellapparadja P, Mahajan V, Deakin AH, Deep K (2015) Reproduction of hip offset and leg length in navigated total hip arthroplasty: how accurate are we? J Arthroplasty 30(6), 1002–1007. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Lee YS, Yoon TR (2008) Error in acetabular socket alignment due to the thick anterior pelvic soft tissues. J Arthroplasty 23(5), 699–706. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hohmann E, Bryant A, Tetsworth K (2012) Anterior pelvic soft tissue thickness influences acetabular cup positioning with imageless navigation. J Arthroplasty 27(6), 945–952. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Todkar M (2008) Obesity does not necessarily affect the accuracy of acetabular cup implantation in total hip replacement. Acta Orthop Belg 74(2), 206–209. [PubMed]
- Picard F, Moholkar K, Gregori A, Deep K, Kinninmonth A (2014) Role of computer assisted surgery (CAS) in training and outcomes. Orthop Trauma 28(5), 322–326. [CrossRef]
- Rebal BA, Babatunde OM, Lee JH, Geller JA, Patrick DAJ, Macaulay W (2014) Imageless computer navigation in total knee arthroplasty provides superior short term functional outcomes: a meta-analysis. J Arthroplasty 29(5), 938–944. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Choong PF, Dowsey MM, Stoney JD (2009) Does accurate anatomical alignment result in better function and quality of life? Comparing conventional and computer-assisted total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty 24(4), 560–569. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Schnurr C, Eysel P, Konig DP (2011) Do residents perform TKAs using computer navigation as accurately as consultants? Orthopedics 34(3), 174. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bhattacharyya T, Blyler C, Shenaq D (2006) The natural history of new orthopaedic devices. Clin Orthop Relat Res 451, 263–266. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Picard F, Clarke J, Deep K, Gregori A (2014) Computer assisted knee replacement surgery: Is the movement mainstream? Orthop Muscular Syst 3(2), 153. [CrossRef]
- Smith BRK, Deakin AH, Baines J, Picard F (2010) Computer navigated total knee arthroplasty: the learning curve. Comput Aided Surg 15(1–3), 40–48. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Harvie P, Sloan K, Beaver RJ (2011) Computer navigated total knee arthroplasty: aspects of a single unit’s experience of 777 cases. Comput Aided Surg 16(4), 188–195. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Volume 3, 2017
Special Issue: "Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery - Current State and Impact" Guest Editor: A. Adhikari
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Published online||28 July 2017|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.